This coffee recipe has taken the internet by storm lately. ‘Quarantine coffee’, or ‘dalgona coffee’ has been all over Tik Tok and social media, and for a good reason.
It’s rich, creamy and made from just a few ingredients. I’m usually an espresso drinker, but this has become my new go-to afternoon pick me up. Thanks, internet!
NOTE: You *have to* use instant coffee, otherwise the recipe doesn’t work. I have seen some fail videos where people tried to make this using ground coffee, so please don’t try doing that.
- 1 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1.5 tbsp water
- 1 cup of plant milk
- 1/2 cup of ice cubes (optional)
- In a bowl, whisk together the coffee powder, sugar and water until it forms stiff peaks (an electric whisk or milk frother works best here).
- Add your plant milk and ice to a cup.
- Top the milk and ice with the coffee foam and enjoy!