These green soba noodle bowls are a quick, healthy and refreshing dish to whip up when you’re short on time.
Soba noodles are made from buckwheat, so most brands are naturally gluten-free (but always check if this is important to you).
I’ve topped these with bok choy and cucumber, but you can top them with any vegetable you like – even tofu.
The sweet-and-savoury dressing is what really makes this dish. Top with some chili flakes and black sesame seeds for some extra heat and crunch.
Green Soba Bowls
- 200g soba noodles
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 bunch of bok choy
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- Boil the soba noodles according to package instructions and rinse under cold water.
- Chop the cucumber and add 1 tsp of salt. Let sit for 10-15 minutes, then rinse and squeeze out the liquid.
- Cut off the stem of the bok choy, wash it well and char in a pan using 1 tbsp of sesame oil and 1/2 a tsp of salt.
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, maple syrup, rice vinegar, garlic powder and sesame seeds to make a dressing.
- Add the noodles, cucumber and bok choy to a bowl and top with the dressing.